- Print out your favorite photos of you and your bestie and post them to said best friend. One of my best friends recently sent me some photos of us from the past few years. This was especially nice because we now live over two thousand miles apart. It’s a great way to reminisce and support the postal service. (;
- Dig into Prof. If you didn’t see, I was able to conduct a one-on-one Q&A sesh with one of my favorite rappers, Prof. He was the first (of hopefully many) artist spotlight series I’ve hosted. Not only will you get a taste of his life philosopies, you have the chance to win some free swag. All it takes is one comment.
- Take yourself out to brunch. It’s a good opportunity for some alone time. Take a Moleskin or a book, and spend a few good hours at a local cafe.
- “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” / Blair Waldorf. Make things happen.
- Realize bad decisions make good stories. You’re not perfect. You will never attain perfection. You’re going to mess up and have regrets, but that’s life. Bad choices pave the way for good choices in the future, and always make for a good story.
- Don’t force it. Let it happen naturally. Let it flow, whatever “it” is. Writer’s block happens to the best of us. We run into dead ends. Our inspiration runs dry. Creativity comes to a halt. Save yourself the headache, and put a project on the back burner if it’s not working out smoothly for you.
- Do something you said you’d never do. Humans are hypocrites. Get on with it.
Make this week a good one.
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation or drop by the shop. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. X