- If you want to be __________, surround yourself with __________ people. Want to get inspired? Hang out with some of your creative-type friends. Need a change of scenery? Contact some of your adventure-seeking buddies. Need a rush? Befriend adrenaline junkies. If you want to feel something, allow yourself to fully do so by putting yourself in the right place.
- Be a sponge. Soak in everything your city has to offer. Learn from your friends, family, enemies, strangers. Touch, feel, smell. Absorb everything within your reach.
- “Creative risk taking is essential to success in any goal where the stakes are high. Thoughtless risks are destructive, of course, but perhaps even more wasteful is thoughtless caution which prompts inaction and promotes failure to seize opportunity.” / Gary Ryan Blair
- Get your camera ready. Some moments linger only for a couple of seconds. Don’t miss it. If you see the perfect arrangement of leaves or find yourself getting lost in the patterns of the clouds, capture it.
- Zone out. Put a pen in your hand and a blank page in front of your. Let it flow. Create blind contours. Doodle. Break out the finger paint. Sometimes it’s a struggle to stoke creativity, but when the gears start turning, you’re off to a good start.
- Follow better blogs. I’m continually refreshing the folks I follow on Tumblr. Unfollow blogs that put a damper on your happiness, and replace them with uplifting and refreshing ones. Track tags that bring you inspiration or joy.
- Steal Like An Artist. If you find yourself in a creative funk, take some tips from Austin Kleon. Personal favorite – “Don’t want until you know who you are to get started.”
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation or drop by the shop. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. X