- Leave your favorite quotes and book excerpt for others to find. Print out mini-posters of an excerpt of your favorite book and wheat-paste them around your campus or neighborhood. Write your favorite quote on a note card and hide it in a book at the library. If it brings you joy, it’s sure to inspire others.
- “You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life.” Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Buy another copy of your favorite book and give it to a stranger. The next person you see at the bus stop, your bank teller, the person you stand next to in line getting coffee, or the individual you run into at the park. Visit a local used book store and snag a copy to gift to a stranger.
- Dedicate one hour a day to read. For some, this seems like a cake-walk. For others it may prove to be challenging. Ask for recommendations on Facebook or GoodReads.
- Challenge yourself whilst reading. Don’t be afraid to stop every ten minutes to look up a word (I do so often with my Merriam-Wesbter app). Take breaks to take notes and engage in discussions about concepts in the book. Allow yourself to expand and learn. “Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.”/ Jim Rohn
- Join or create a book club. Google search “[Your City] Book Club.” Sign up for MeetUp.com (not as sketchy as it sounds) and meet some folks with common literary interests.
- Curl up on the couch or spend the day at a low key coffee shop (preferably one with a comfy couch and mismatched mugs). Bring a books, some pens, and a journal. Inhale the words on the pages and exhale your own experiences into a fresh moleskin.
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation or drop by the shop. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. X