- Stop making fun of people. Inspired by high school drama leaking all over Facebook and people of the Interwebs spewing hate and making people a punch line to their bad jokes, I created this video. And, as mentioned in the video, I really feel like this is one of those things that goes without saying, but apparently it has to be said. Don’t ever use a person as a target for bad humor. Don’t stand for bullying or cyberbullying and start with yourself.
- Give a pre-stamped envelope with a blank sheet of stationary and a pen to a stranger and tell them to write a friend a letter. I love promoting snail mail just as much as I love receiving it myself. People will come up with all sorts of excuses why they don’t sit down and write a letter. I don’t see how someone could turn this opportunity down to send a note when the materials are provided for them. (;
- Some days you’re the bird and some days you’re the statue. You win some, you lose some. That’s life. C’est la vie. Nothing lasts forever.
- Count your blessings and mind your business. Wise words from Atmosphere, one of my all time favorite artists. If you haven’t gotten hooked, please take the time to do so this week. Conscious rap at it’s best, Atmosphere is catchy, thought-provoking and the epitome of what good rap is. “Stuck with yourself just like the rest of us…”
- Take a short “vow of silence.” Take a day this week (preferably one that you aren’t required to work or go to school) and refrain from speaking. Listen. Observe. Spend time in solitude. Paint. Draw. Write. Dance. Walk. Find unique ways to express yourself aside from speaking. Your “vow of silence” extends to social networking sites and texting as well. Take it as some time to seriously reflect on you as a person and where you stand as a human.
- Eat more parfaits. For no other reason than they are delicious and fun to make. Hate parfaits? Insert food of choice here this week.
- Check out my food related “Seven Ways” I guest posted at Winged Snail. Sarah contacted me and wanted to know if I would do a guest post, and how could I pass up the opportunity to reach out to a handful of food lovers at that? (;
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. xx