- Reanalyze the idea of “stress.” People aren’t stressful. Situations aren’t stressful. Your attitude deems that person/situation negative and your thoughts pertaining to it plaster a stressful label on it. Our attitudes play a huge roll in everything around us. As Dr. Wayne Dyer says, “There is no stress in the world, only people thinking stressful thoughts.”
- Confidence is a state of mind, and typically we can only reach that level of confidence by practice. Unlearning. Affirmations. Repitition. Reshaping our state of mind. This week, practice confidence and dismissing other’s opinions of you. Take time this week to put yourself in situations that allow you to practice confidence. Go out dancing and act a fool. Wear something you typically don’t have the confidence to wear. Tell your crush you are into them. Step up to the plate this week and go all out. You may surprise yourself.
- When a problem arises, consult yourself first. Don’t spread your personal issues onto social networking sites like Facebook. Refrain from mass texting your friends about petty issues. When faced with an issue, take time to reflect and spend some time solo. Meditate. Write down your thoughts. Make Pro/Con lists. You may find you can find the answers within you before blasting the Internet with verbal diarrhea. Go someplace quiet and reflect.
- Smash your ego. Accept being wrong. Accept not getting the last word in. Accept that many people out there are more attractive/happy/wealthy/friendly/successful/peaceful/etc. than you. Set aside your pride, let go of your ego. Ask yourself, “Do I want to be right or do a want to be happy?”
- Change your mind and don’t feel bad about it. Every day we grow and progress. Each year we get older and wiser. Our thoughts/feelings/expectations/morals/ethics/values can sway at the drop of a hat. Never say never, and don’t shame those who do make changes in their life that don’t agree with your own code of morals.
- Realize that self esteem is about SELF. Web definition? A feeling of pride in one’s self. Self esteem is not about what other people think of you, nor other’s assumptions/opinions/expectations. Learn to feel good about yourself even when the world is against you. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you’re the only person you have to lie down with at the end of the night. Make sure that person is happy. Scratch that. Make sure that person is ecstatic.
- Adopt a PMA. Lucky for you, my newest zine may be just the right thing you need to kick start this plan in motion. You can pick up a copy in the Storenvy shop. Incredible cover art by The Mister Lister. Thirty two pages of goodness.
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. xx