- Load the coin operated washer and dryer for the unsuspecting person who does their wash after you. If you live in an apartment or have to visit the laundromat to do your laundry, I’m sure you acknowledge the importance of having quarters around. You may even realize you forgot your change after you’ve already loaded the washer and poured the detergent in. Leave quarters in the slot with a small note.
- “Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.” / Earl of Chesterfield
- If you feel good, acknowledge it. If you’re feeling happy, let others know. If you’re feeling grateful or appreciative, tell someone. Share your PMA with others in hopes to infect them with your positivity.
- Ask “Why?” Bring out your four year old self and ask “Why?” every chance you get. Stay curious. Find out why someone is having a great day, why the “Check Engine” light is on in your car, or why some breads have red plastic clips (or twist ties) and others have white ones.
- Don’t complain about anything. Take this week to refrain from speaking negatively about the weather, your sore back, a catty co-worker or anything else that typically sparks complaint. If you catch yourself lodging a complaint, stop yourself mid-sentence and say something positive instead.
- If you don’t know anything, don’t say anything. What I mean by this is, don’t speak about a subject unless you are educated on the matter. Educate and inform yourself, yes. Ask questions. But – don’t speak confidently about a subject you know nothing about.
- Allow yourself to have fun. Often we get in a sort of “All work and no play” mindset. Do not forget the importance of kicking back and having a good time. Remember – Such drudgery can cause Jack to become a dull boy.
- After every “speed bump,” declare what you learned. Every situation offers a lesson to be learned. Acknowledge them. Document your life lessons by tracking them in a note book.
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. xx