- Read Off The Map. I read it in a day and a half, and I would have completed it more promptly if I wasn’t preoccupied with work. It’s a fantastic, wanderlust igniting tale of two folks from Olympia, WA, who take off with no map and little money, wandering the streets of Europe, Germany, Spain and so forth. Squatters, depending on the kindness of other humans, it is, simply put, a lovely tale.
- Eat your dessert first. Because, quite frankly, it is the best part, eh? If you’re anything like me, you gorge yourself on you meal, when dessert finds it’s way to you, you’re so full, another bite would cause you to burst. Don’t torture yourself. Eat your dessert first. Spoil your dinner.
- Give something to a stranger. I keep a small handful of my buttons in my backpack. If I run across someone who I think might appreciate one, I’ll hand them one as I walk by. Paint a picture, take an artsy Polaroid, withdraw a crispy twenty dollar bill and give it to someone “just because.”
- Invest in a deck of playing cards. It’s a great way to pass the time as you are sitting quietly at the coffee shop and, who knows, perhaps someone will invite themselves to play a game of rummy with you.
| Source unknown |
- “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is to live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” / Barbara Kingsolver
- Write your life manifesto. What do you stand for? What do you wish to achieve? Write out your manifesto and recite it every morning.
- Keep change in your pocket to feed expired parking meters. It’s a good karma kinda thing. (; If you pass by a red, flashing expired parking meter and a car still occupying the space, give up a few of your cents to save the owner from a pesky parking ticket.
You can now download a printable .PDF of this and upcoming week’s article! Hang it on your friend, put in on your night stand, give it to a friend! This handy check list will aid you in accomplishing every “Seven Ways” every week! (: Click here to download and print free!
If you found this article helpful, please consider a small donation to The Radical Uprise. This site exists because because readers like you choose to support it. Please click here to submit a donation. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors. Stay radical. xx