- Bake black bean burgers. Because that’s what I’m making for my housemates today and they are going to be wonderful. (: I’m using Happy Herbivore’s easy, 6-ingredient recipe.
- Buy a pair of goofy slippers. A friend wants to go on a mission to find a pair of the perfect bunny slippers. Buy a pair that makes you smile every time you see them. Yo, Stephanie, may I suggest Happy Feet? (: An ex of mine had a pair a few years ago and I swear, they were the most comfortable things in all the land.
- Smile at everyone you pass. You never know – your smile could be just the glimmer of hope someone needs on a bad day, or you could end up making a friend out of your eagerness and friendly smile!
- Patronize a local used book store. Ask the person working for a recommendation and take this week to read it. Yes, the entire thing.
- Learn to love what you do, or change what you do. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” Learn to love your job, or seek a new one. Learn to enjoy the company of your friends and those around you or make new ones.
- Do the dishes without being asked. Don’t mention it and don’t ask for anything in return.
- Cut back on impulse purchases (something I’m extremely guilty of). If you want something, write it down. If you still want it in a week or two, go ahead and splurge. However, don’t spend the money on a bright green corded telephone attachment that plugs into your iPhone (although is IS pretty cool). All I can think of is an Xzibit meme shouting “YO DAWG I GOT YOU A PHONE TO PLUG INTO YOUR PHONE SO YOU CAN TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE YOU TALK ON THE PHONE.”
That’s all, folks. Have a kick ass week. xx