- Practice being humble. Refrain from bragging and boasting when you do something nice. Don’t try to 1-up anyone. Simply smile and know in your heart that you did the right thing.
- Fill out customer comment cards everywhere you go. Or, ask to see the manager and give feedback on your experience, especially (and particularly) when the service was great.
- Watch the special features. One of my favorite things to do (silly as this may seem) is watch the special features on the movies I own. Generally I’ve been all of my movies a dozen times anyway, so it’s nice to watch how it was created, casting and wardrobe information, and my favorite – gag real. Watching people laugh always makes me laugh.
- Buy a small gift for your friend or spouse “just because.” If they’ve had their eye on a new DVD or a book, pick it up for them and put it in a place they will find it with a brightly colored bow attached to it.
- Change your Facebook status to “What are you grateful for today?” Exchange words and stories, and keep a positive vibe flowing.
- Make a list of all of your accomplishments this year. Take a moment to sit back and reflect. Feel good about how much you’ve accomplished, and bask in the good feeling that you’re making an impact in some way, shape or form.
- Disposable camera. Get one. Anymore, we have the luxury of everything being digital. We can take a photo, and if we don’t like it, we can delete and re-shoot. Photo editing programs are used to adjust hues and saturation, as well as cover blemishes and fly-away hairs. Get a disposable camera and go on an adventure with a friend. Upload them to your favorite social networking sites as they are.
Make this week a good one! It’s my last full week in Ohio, so I’m a busy chap! (: Much excitement going on! Wishing you the best. (: