Good day! The sun is shining. It looks like there’s a gentle breeze going, but I still fear it’s going to be a bit hot for my taste. (; I’ve got a few works in process I’m pretty stoked about. Don’t worry – I’ll fill you in soon enough.
My one cad tarot reading today was the Ten of Pentacles. To me, this card may be reflecting on my zine business (Avia at Tarot Teachings never fails to guide me in discovering my card meanings). It’s key words are family, loyalty, community, friendliness, achievement, establishment, idealism. “People who share a common vision and who have worked together to coax their dream into a reality.” How can I bring about positive change that attracts harmony and stability? Can I allow myself to enjoy and reap the benefits of my hard work? What steps can I take now that will make positive effects on my sphere of influence tomorrow? I’m going to focus on trying to get The Radical Uprise Zine more exposure. A few people have contacted me the past few days about trades. I finally signed up for WeMakeZines, and I’m hoping to meet fellow zinesters and get my stuff out there. Is this card insinuating that I need to get out there more? Maybe I’ve come to a “resting place” where I am with my zine and distro? Do I need to take steps (such as getting involved in craft shows and finding shops that will carry my zine) which will help get the word of The Radical Uprise out into the world?
Let’s get on with it, shall we?
- Stop talking about people. First of all, most things that are said make their way back to that person (generally very easily). It goes back to the age-old saying, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” If you don’t have something nice to say about an individual, don’t waste time and energy complaining about them to others. If you have an issue with someone, confront them directly.
- Discover your new favorite band. Pandora is great (and it’s free). Plug in your now favorite artist, and Pandora will play artists similar to it. Thumbs up and thumbs down it, and Pandora will learn your tastes. There is so much great music that exists that you’re unaware of.
- Spend a few hours enjoying a garden. Take a trip to the park. Take photos of all the beautiful sights. Learn to appreciate the beauty around us.
| Source : WeHeartIt |
- Know the difference between an inconvenience and a problem. Dictionary.com defines an inconvenience (noun) as “Trouble or difficulty caused to one’s personal requirements or comfort,” and a problem as “A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.” When an issue arises (and generally, it’s just an inconvenience), ask yourself if it’s an inconvenience or a problem, and don’t let it get the best of you. Don’t waste time or energy dwelling on inconveniences, such as sleeping through your alarm clock, running late for work or not being able to find a close parking space.
- Do more crunches. Lately, I’ve been on a kick where first thing in the morning, I roll out of bed and do fifty crunches. Then, I might jump around for a little bit. Wake your body up by getting your blood pumping, and get in the habit of exercising daily.
- Give up a vice for a week. Save the money and take a friend out to dinner. For example, if you drink a venti Starbucks every day (which are around $5 here in Cincinnati), stash that money away and use the $30 you would have spent to treat a friend to lunch or dinner. $30 can buy a lot of vegetarian sushi. (;
- Look up craft shows in your area. Go. If you are a crafty person, see how you can become a vendor and set up your own table. Admire other’s handmade goods. Support DIY and local artists.
Wishing you a lovely week. ❤
- Current mood : Grateful.
- Currently listening to : Don’t Touch my Shit | The Coathangers
- Currently eating/drinking : Nothing. ):